Nature Comm., 2018, 9: 1127
We study soft bio-hybrid materials resulting from the combination of biomolecules with synthetic assemblies
at the nano- and micro-scale. The goal of our research is to probe and understand the relation between the
components of bio-hybrid materials as well as the biointerface of such materials with cells or simple animal models.
The main questions that guide our research are: How can biomolecules preserve their function in a synthetic environment?
How to modify biomolecules to induce new functionality and how is this affected when a bio-hybrid material is designed?
How to self-organize bio-hybrid assemblies in more complex architectures to provide multifunctionality?
Which are the interactions of bio-hybrid materials with cells? How to produce a new bio-hybrid material with
desired functionality for specific applications? Our interest extends from fundamental understanding at the molecular
level of such bio-hybrid materials and associated biointerfaces to technological and medical applications.
Live follow-up of enzymatic reactions inside the cavities of synthetic giant unilamellar vesicles
equipped with membrane proteins mimicking cell architecture
M. Garni, T. Einfalt, R. Goers, C. G. Palivan, W. Meier
ACS Synth. Biol., 2018, DOI: 10.1021/acssynbio.8b00104.
Mixed-valent molecular triple- deckers
H. C. Schmidt, X. Guo, P. Richard, M. Neuburger, C. G. Palivan, O. S. Wenger
Angew. Chem., 2018, 57, 1-5.
Delivery of ROS Generating Anthraquinones Using Reduction-responsive Peptide-based Nanoparticles
P. U. Richard, I, Craciun, J. Gaitzsch, L. Weiner. C.G. Palivan
Helvetica Chimica Acta., 2018, 101. / DOI:10.1002/hlca.201800064..
Biomimetic Planar Polymer Membranes Decorated with Enzymes as Functional Surfaces
C. Draghici, V. Mikhalevich, G. Gunkel-Grabole, J. Kowal, W. Meier, C. G. Palivan
Langmuir., 2018, 34, 9015-9024.
Surfaces decorated with polymeric nanocompartments for pH reporting
I. Craciun, A. S. Denes, G. Gunkel-Grabole, A. Belluati, C. G. Palivan
Helvetica Chimica Acta., 2018, 108, e1700290.
- Martina's article is published in ACS Synth. Biol. (Sept 2018)
- New PostDoc Viviana Maffeis joins our group within NCCR. Welcome! (Sept 2018)
- New PostDoc Dalin Wu joins our group in a project in collaboration with the group of Prof. Catherine Housecroft. Welcome! (Sept 2018)
- Juan is leaving the group to join Oxford University with a Marie Curie fellowship (July 2018)
- Gesine is leaving the group to join BASF as group leader (July 2018)
- Viktoria’s and Camelia’s article is published in Langmuir (July 2018)
- New Senior Scientist Dr. Linling Shen joined our group (June 2018)
- Pascal passed his PhD defence (May 2018)
- Tomaz's Article in Nature Comm has been highlighted by
Nature Nanotechnology (May 2018)