We invite applications for bachelors, masters, PhD and postdoc positions.
We are interested in individuals with experience and/or interests in the following areas:
– AFM single-molecule force spectroscopy
- Biophysics, bioengineering, biophysical chemistry, molecular biology
– Protein engineering
– Directed evolution
- Yeast display
– Cell screening / flow cytometry
– Synthetic or stimuli-responsive polymers (ATRP, RAFT)
– Synthesis and characterization of polymers / block co-polymers
– Synthesis/characterization of synthetic hydrogels
– Hydrogel rheological characterization
Computer programming ability is a definite plus.
We are looking for curious, driven and hard-working personalities with strong social skills and team spirit. Eagerness to learn, and push your own limits along with a strong desire to make fundamental discoveries are key attributes. Postdoc applicants should hold a PhD degree in a related field and have relevant research experience in one or more areas mentioned above. For bachelor and master students, no laboratory experience is required. Proficiency in written and spoken English is required.
What we offer:
Basel is a city on the Rhine River in the northwest of Switzerland, located where the Swiss, French and German borders meet. The salary level is competitive by international standards and will be according to the guidelines at the University of Basel. Integration of the lab within the larger molecular systems engineering center (www.nccr-mse.ch) provides ample opportunities for collaborations.