- Since 2017: PhD Student in the field of organic synthesis and chemical biology
2016 - 2017: Research Assistant at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory,
Joint BioEnergy Institute Feedstocks Division at Berkeley, California, US under the
supervision of Dr. Jenny Mortimer about
Project: Investigating the role of lipid glycosylation in cell wall biosynthesis.
2016: 5 month internship in organic chemistry at the Noveratis Institutes for
Project: Synthesis of drug precursor and enzyme inhibitors.
- 2013: 3 month internship at the University of Broningen, NL under the supervision of
Dr. W. Szymanski, Prof. D. Janssen.
Project: Process optimization for a haloalkane dehalogenase-catalyzed kinetic resolution of racemic haloamides.
Master degree in organic chemistry: Stratingh Institute, University of
Groningen, The Netherlands.
Supervisor: Prof. Ben L. Feringa.
Project: Synthesis of overcrowded alkene switch for modification of peptides;
Synthesis of a photoswitchable AT-hook useful for photocontrolling DNApeptide
Bachelor degree in chemistry: University of Warsaw, Poland.
Project: isolation and characterization of humic acids of natural and chemical origin.
- 2015: Backer Fundation Scholarship, Groningen, Netherlands (2000 €)
- 2015: Marco Polo Scholarship, Groningen, The Netherlands (1200 €)
- 2015: Groninger Universiteits Fonds Scholarship, Groningen, The Netherlands (400 €)
- 2014: Fundusz Stypendialny KIK, Warsaw, Poland (470 €)
- L. Fang, T. Ishikawa, E. A. Rennie, Gosia M. Murawska, J. Lao, J. Van, A. YL Tsai, E. E. K. Baidoo, J. Xu, J. D. Keasling, M. Kawai-Yamada, T. Demura, H. V. Scheller and J. C. Mortimer, «Loss of inositol phosphorylceramide sphingolipid mannosylation induces plant immune responses and reduces cellulose content in
Arabidopsis», The Plant Cell 2016. doi:10.1105/tpc.16.00186.
R. J. Floor, H. J. Wijma, D. I. Colpa, A. Ramos-Silva, P. A. Jekel, W. Szymanski, B. L. Feringa, S. J. Marrink and D. B. Janssen, «Computational Library Design for Increasing Haloalkane Dehalogenase Stability», ChemBioChem 2014, 15, 1660─1672.
- (Acknowledged for HPLC method development)
- Gosia M. Murawska, C. Poloni, W. Szymanski and B. L. Feringa, «Photocontrol of DNAbinding interactions», (in preparation) 0.